Monday 27 October 2008

Jimmy to go?

There was a match on Saturday apparently. So I heard. It all seemed to be a little shoved to one side due to rumors that Jimmy Calderwood was to be sacked within 48 hours.

Reports in the local rag today however, are that the Dons are demanding a public apology. Here, read all the gory details for yourself:

Aberdeen demand public apology

Having not been to a game for 3 weeks now, i'm struggling to find some witty banter and little anecdotes to keep this fresh and entertaining. No pub trips, no heartburn steak pies (or the vegetarian option - macaroni). Although the weather is getting increasingly BALTIC. I'm not looking forward to the next few months of footballing entertainment(?!?!).

I did make a trip to Frank McDougals new pub last week though (The Criterion) and got some great stories from him. A brilliant host and well worth a trip to sample a pint or two and hear some tales from the past. I also sampled some banana and coconut beers at the Moorings just along the road (try them for yourself.... you may be shocked).

Anyway. I digress. Saturday. Hearts. Tynecastle. A day of Sky Sports News for me. 1-0 Dons.... Mackie. Splutter.

1-1 almost immediately. And that is how the game finished.

On viewing the highlights, we were unfortunate with a couple of great efforts from Hodgkiss and Miller that struck the woodwork. Hearts had chances too however, so a draw was probably a fair result. The main talking point was the 'penalty' that Hearts thought they had won, and was subsequently reversed by the linesman (sorry referees assistant). A brave decision, albeit a correct one. The referee needs to be applauded for having the balls to listen to his assistant and act accordingly.

Killie at home next weekend. I'm bringing down the season ticket count already (I have a prior engagement for Saturday). Hopefully a first home win of the season will be forthcoming though. Hopefully. Please. Thanks.

I'm not disowning the Dons though. A trip to Tannadice will ensue a week on Saturday! Let's hope I can finally see a win there too (after about 20 trips). I hope.

0 comments: