Saturday 4 October 2008

A testing week....

Woah. So since my last adventure at Parkhead things have taken a turn for the worst. Both for me, and the Dons.

My case in the bad books developed into a full scale pandemic and alas, I am no longer bequeathed. Still, I can now focus all my attentions on the Dons... right...??? They won't let me down, no, no.... they'll provide me with a lift and brighten up the week.

Jimmy was up to his usual antics all week.... this being one of my favourite articles:

"JIMMY CALDERWOOD vowed to abandon his love of total football to clinch a victory and appease angry Aberdeen fans.

Calderwood learned to appreciate the sizzling style during his spell in Holland.

But he insisted tomorrow's clash with Hibs at Pittodrie is a must-win match and he wants to put points on the board to get the Red Army off his back.

Calderwood won't care if his players boot the ball into the North Sea if it prevents a goal."

Rousing stuff eh?!!!

Well, onto the match today itself. The first thing I notice (apart from the fact that i'm waiting for Steve to turn up for ages) is that it is bloody baltic. I forgot how cold it gets at the football as the year and the weather draws in. That'll teach me to wear a thin jacket.

And we're off.... Things are looking ok. Some pretty passing patterns. A few shots on goal (Foster misses a sitter). Which brings me to a little rant. He really is the worst player i've seen for a while at the Dons. His passing is atrocious. Just really, really bad. Wrong. He's played all over the shop which I suppose doesn't help his cause as he's never really had a settled position. I always have to laugh when in Ma Camerons and Raymond annouces that he's being played out of position and is really a striker. I think that's all I really need to say on the matter.

And, back to the game. 1-0 Hibs. Disaster of a backpass by Mair and it's another shambles. To be fair, we picked up the pace and got back into it with a Lee Miller penalty (won by the man himself). In the second half, we were playing some nice attractive stuff.... then yet another clown show at the back. Mulgrew sent off for hand ball. Penalty. Salt. Pepper. Done.

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Hibs.

And what did Jimmy have to say...... well, there's a surprise:

"We got a sloppy goal against us and we came back from that and got the penalty."

And to think, the players got clapped off. After getting beat. Which was a bit of a surprise. At one point I thought it was going to be an all out demonstration. 5 losses in a row now. Something is going to have to change. And pretty soon. My week has been a total shambles, compounded by the Dons latest capitulation. Onwards and upwards..... things can't get much worse. Still, Scotland next week.... small mercies.

Oh, on another note.:
Season tickets : 6
Tickets used: 6
Fun obtained: 0

0 comments: