Monday 17 November 2008

Oh dear.........

2-0 up. Cruising. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing surely. Oh wait. Hold the bus. This is Aberdoom we are talking about. The cock of the walk.

Really?!?! What the hell is going on? Everything is going so well. I'm sitting watching Scotland beating South Africa in the rugby at my parents. News filters through it's 1-0 to the Dons via Mackie. All good so far.

Then half time happens. Scotland begin to collapse. Doubt enters my mind about the Dons. It's time to head back through to Aberdeen. I'll watch the game on BBC Alba when I make it back home.

The wavering radio reception, the dithering drivers, the showering rain, the.... YESSSSSSSSSSSS 2-0 Aberdeen, Diamond. Happy days. Tonight will be a good night. I'm happy for those brief, flittering moments. Then it all comes crashing down as per usual.

Almost immediately.... goal for HIbernian. Shite. Typical. I knew it. Now, just hold on Aberdeen. Surely you can do that. Push up the table. Get up into the Euro spots. The reception is further wavering, much like the Dons defence.

The full time scores flood in. Surely it's all over? But no, the radio suddenly becomes crystal clear. And now we can go to Easter road.... Great save... Another block.... No, it's a goal for Hibs, with the last kick of the ball.

To quote another Johnny Mac:

You. Can. Not. Be. Serious.

From a seemingly unstoppable position, we blow it yet again. Hibernian 2 - 2 Aberdeen.

Highlights can be seen here. Along with reaction from Blunderwood.... blaming the man of the match, Sone Aluko for the whole fiasco. Deary me.

I was even silly enough to watch the entire game later on in the evening. Thankfully, there was beer involved, so I didn't have to pay too much attention. One thing's for sure, it's certainly been a rollercoaster season so far. Whatever will happen next?

Oh wait, I know exaclty what will happen next. Rangers. At Ibrox. Oh dear. I feel a storm is brewing. Lets see what happens. Gulp.

Oh to have someone in the team who could do this against the great unwashed. Enjoy.

EDIT: Congratulations to Lee Miller for his call up to the Scotland squad this morning. Lets hope he gets to play some part in the Argentina game.

0 comments: