Monday 5 January 2009

Dust off the cobwebs


Ahhhh, the festive period. A time of sex, drugs and rock and roll (wait, did I get that right?). Anyway, none of those were forthcoming for me, unless you count Guitar Hero on the PS3 as RnR?

So between the hangovers and illnesses of the festive period i've neglected to keep up to date with my Dons thoughts and gripes. 3 games to catch up on, and for once it's MOSTLY positive (note I said mostly). I'll keep it short and to the point.

Now.... the first game to catch up on wasssssss.......... let me think. It was so long ago. Hmmmm. Inverness away, just before Christmas. To cut a long story short, we hammered them 3-0. Goals from Miller, McDonald and Mackie (all mightily impressive I may add). I listened to it on the radio as I had a stinking hangover.

Next up, Hearts, on the 27th. Pretty much a sell-out at Todders. And for once, we didn't blow it! Excellent atmosphere, a match we were never in danger of losing and an absolutely terrific winner from 'Handsome Lee'. Player of the season by a country mile for me so far. And I must add, I hate Hearts, bunch of cheating scum. Berra, die!

That brings us up to the most recent game. Hamilton away. I must profess I didn't even contemplate going. And switched off the radio as soon as we lost the first goal. I have no idea how the game panned out apart from the score... a 2-0 defeat. Terrible stuff. I don't really want to know how it went (all I heard about was a flu outbreak and a narrowed pitch), but if you are so inclined, the match reaction can be found here.

Next up it's a cup weekend. Alloa away. After this latest disaster lets hope we pick ourselves up and push on the cup. It's been LONG overdue.

Half season review. B-. Stop losing stupid games. Arghhh. No wonder my hair is falling out.

0 comments: