Thursday 30 June 2011

Ask and ye shall receive!

Aha..... I knew Jack and Victor were just being sly old coots all along. I really did. No, REALLY.

Things seem to be gathering pace a little now following my closing gambit in my last post. I did indeed proclaim:

Bearing in mind that pre-season starts next week, you would like to think we could have secured a few players and not be left scrabbling around for free transfers and loan deals at the end of July/August whilst several games into the season.

And what's this... not one, but 2 new players secured (PRAISE ALLAH), with more to follow.

Welcome aboard Isaac Osbourne and welcome back Chris Clark.

Both welcome additions to the squad I feel. Osbourne in particular looks like a complete monster of a man who could boss our midfield VERY effectively and take no shit in the process. This is assuming he is over his much talked about injury problems. Archie tells us he's sailed through his stringent pre-season though, so lets hope this boy turns out to be a player. I have a good feeling (hope I don't jonah it).

Now we turn to Chris Clark. This poor lad has split opinions right down the middle on several AFC pages. Read all the gory details here, if you can be bothered. Personally, I welcome him back to the Dons with open arms. Versatile, pacy, good engine, good passer, gives 100%. All of the above. Whilst not a flamboyant player by any means he is exactly the type of player every team needs, steady and reliable. I'm sure he'll do a grand job in the forthcoming season and silence his critics.

Now, when is Riordan signing being announced.... I jest.

Dons Rule.

EDIT: Our new spanking strip was unveiled yesterday too.... I saw at least 3 folk queuing up to buy it at the club shop on my way home from work too. Looks pretty good on first viewing, weird collar though. All the info and pictures from the evening here.

0 comments: