Wednesday 24 September 2008

It's good to be back?

My head is fuzzy. Long haul travel always does that. The kick off is 12.30 tomorrow, live on Setanta, what a feast of football fun for the UK (alliteration aside). My optimism has returned after my re-energising break away. Not to mention the fact that watching the Toronto Blue Jays get minced at baseball has convinced me the Dons can't do any worse.

Silly, silly me. When will I ever learn? I awake to my flat buzzer going off. What's that? Who? When? Who am I? Oh, it's my cousin... i've slept in, again. We still have half an hour till kick off though. Nae probs, quick shower and off we go, full of enthusiasm on a bright, sunny, and I daresay warm Aberdeen day.

Pittodrie is fast approaching, looming ever closer and closer as the anticipation to kick off and a kickstart to the season builds. Tommy Wright starting eh! 3 up front, should be a cracking game. We best get some refreshments inside to tide us over. Ah, flat coca-cola and a nice heartburn steak pie. Life doesn't get much better.

I sense the feeling that this blog will contain more stories about the pre and post match as opposed to the football itself (that much seems apparent after only 2 posts). Anyway, what needs to be said about the game? Not much to be honest, suffice to say we were again horrendous, devoid of any apparent tactics, flare or effort and slumped to a 3rd home defeat in 4 games. Poor show indeed. Aberdeen 0 - 1 Dundee United. Entertainment.... you guessed it.... a bit fat 0.

Our great leader had the following to say:

"It was a game we absolutely dominated in the first half, we created a few chances. The thing that's doing us in is individual mistakes.

"It started at the start of the season, and its not finished yet. I know we can play a lot better.

"Goals change games, it suited United to play on the counter-attack, but it just wouldn't break for us.

"You get days like that in football, but individual errors are costing us big time."

My day didn't get much better when I got to the pub. What? My fantasy team are second bottom? Seriously? The beer did NOT taste good after this latest bombshell, but several made me forget the trials and tribulations of the day and sent me home oblivious to the fact I had the more sobering prospect of going back to work on Monday (Tuesday actually as Monday was a local holiday).

Next up. Killie. In the cup. Away. I dread to think.

On a side note, our mighty 6 is also starting to dwindle (already). Don't say I didn't warn you.

Season ticket count: 6
Actual Attendance: 3

0 comments: